Education Support Teacher
Established in 1977, the Beehive Montessori School started with less than 20 children. Today, Beehive is a well established and recognised Montessori school situated in modern, purpose-designed premises beside the sea in Mosman Park, Western Australia. The Beehive Montessori School educates over 200 students aged from 3 years to 15 years, which includes a well established Education Support Centre for students with disabilities. We also run a playgroup for children aged 18 months to 3 years.
Nurturing independence so our children can find their place in, and contribute to, a better world.
To provide excellence in Montessori Education
Respect Compassion Curiosity Responsibility Individuality
About the Role
Beehive is seeking a qualified Education Support teacher for the beginning of the 2024 school year.
To be considered for the position, you must have:
- Australian citizenship or Permanent Resident status
- Current registration, or eligibility for registration, with the Teacher Registration Board of WA
- A current Working With Children Check (or equivelant)
- A current Police Clearance
- Experience working with children with special needs, and the documentation required
- Awareness of ABLEWA curriculum
- Ideally Montessori training for ages 3-6 years
You will need to be:
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to communicate effectively with parents, students and staff
- Proficient in the use of technology for planning and record keeping (ideally a familiarity with Transparent Classroom)
- Committed to ongoing professional development
- Committed to Montessori philosophy and practices at a class and whole school level
- Involved in school activities and professional development
Beehive Montessori School is a Child Safe School and we have an extensive recruitment and screening process. Please email your application to the Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org before 4.00pm Friday 3rd November 2023.
To apply, please submit the following in PDF format:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae including the details of three referees
- Certified copy of other teaching qualifications and evidence of registration as a teacher, or eligibility to be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of WA
- Copies of current Working With Children and Police Clearance (or equivelant)
- Evidence of Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency (or equivelant)
- Certified copy of your Montessori qualification (if you have Montessori training)
We will be contacting suitable applicants immediately, so early applications are welcome and encouraged. Please note, only shortlisted candidates based in Australia will be contacted.