Established in 1977, the Beehive Montessori School is a well- established and recognised Montessori School situated in modern, purpose-designed premises beside the sea in Mosman Park, Western Australia. The Beehive Montessori School educates over 200 students aged from 3 years to 15 years, and also runs a playgroup for children aged 18 months to 3 years.
Nurturing independence so our children can find their place in, and contribute to, a better world.
To provide excellence in Montessori Education
Respect Compassion Curiosity Responsibility Individuality
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Beehive Montessori School is inviting applications from experienced psychologists for a part time (0.4) position beginning Term 2, 2022. This is a position for an engaged and motivated psychologist interested in the Montessori methodology and with an interest in developing the role of mental health support within our school.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional support for students, teachers and families. This includes direct counselling for students with a range of common mental health needs, applying sound theoretical knowledge and practical expertise.
- Demonstrated understanding of the development of individual education, behaviour and mental health plans for students.
- Highly developed communication, networking and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of people within the educational community and beyond
- Commitment to professional learning including the provision of professional learning for staff.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- have demonstrated direct counselling experience working with children and young adults
- have a current Working With Children Check and current national police clearance
- hold full registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia. Applications will also be considered from provisionally registered psychologists with considerable other relevant experience, but please note that this role does not include supervision for registration.
- hold full COVID-19 vaccination
- Australian Citizen or permanent resident
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria, a Curriculum Vitae including 2 referees and a copy of your Working with Children Check and a current National Police Clearance to email@example.com
Applications close: 4.00pm Friday 25 February 2022